Monday, October 13, 2008

No, Not Me Monday

All I can say is I am disappointed. Okay I'm not disappointed, but I really thought this would be a good Monday for Not Me Monday, but surprisingly things have gone well over the weekend. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are things that I definitely did NOT do like ignore the messes in the house, let the kids watch a TON of tv, and let the boys have kethcup and ham sandwiches (EEEEWWWWW!) because they wanted hamburgers and I didn't have any. But overall not bad. We made it to church not only on time, but early (and that was for Sunday school!), all 3 kids have been bathed and teeth brushed (okay, I might have missed Allison's teeth, but she is getting flouride drops...when I remember) and in bed at (almost) a decent hour. Collin made it to school today on time with pancakes in his belly and lunch in his lunchbag. Tonight his homework is done, we've worked on his AWANA verses, and we had a pretty well balanced meal. Yes, I consider popcorn chicken well balanced when my husband has been gone for 4 days. (Speaking of Steve, turns out they had a little whoops with the vehicle they are driving and will be taking it in to the shop tomorrow. So, he's not coming home today.) The kitchen is even clean and the table cleared off. We've stayed busy at least. There have been several times I've wished I had the camera. I did finally grab out the old camera, that does not work very well, at dinner tonight. We had mashed potatoes and gravy and Allison decided she did not want me to feed her, she wanted to do it herself. So I gave in and put the bowl on her highchair and let her go to town. She had a blast and oh my goodness the mess she made! It was EVERYWHERE!! I had to get a picture of it even if it is not the best quality. But as far as Monday goes, I will say that I did in no way spend hours over the weekend looking up crap on Craig's list. At least I did not buy a bunch of stuff. Except for the double jogging stroller that I have been looking for forever. But it was only 50 bucks and the exact one I've been wanting!! I just couldn't pass it up. Well, enjoy the pics from tonight and I hope that you all did not have a Not Me Monday like me.

3 comments:

The Earnhardt Family said...

...a ham and ketchup sandwich?!?...my oh my, I may barf now... ;-D But way to go on everything, you truly are a supermom!!!!!!! I'm certainly impressed!

Katharine said...

I have just the place for a ham and ketchup sandwich...

Just curious -- was Steve gone on a hunting trip? Yet there was no mention of his group actually bagging anything. Did they *not* not get a deer, in honor of Not Me Monday?

aaron♥michelle said...

Love the pics! Aaron and I got a good laugh that night envisioning you pushing Allison down so she wouldn't walk before the camera came home! lol Poor girl may never walk now... ;) So did Steve get home okay? Hope you have a GREAT weekend!! ;)