Thursday, September 25, 2008

Too close to home

Collin came home with a letter from the school today. Apparently a child was approached by 2 men in a vehicle and offered candy. It happened right in front of Collin's school. Luckily the student is safe and went straight to the school office to report it. Right now I am literally shaking knowing that this happened right where Collin has been all day. I do not like this scary world that we live in. I was able to talk to Collin about why what happened yesterday with him at school was so dangerous. This is the exact reason that it is so important to be with his class. It is just plan too close to home.

5 comments:

The Finnestad Family said...

That is very scary! I'm glad that student went straight to the office. Hopefully it will spark alot of dinner time discussions tonight with other families who never thought that could happen so close to home.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Erin, that is the scariest thing a parent can think of. and a grandparent.

I think standing under the bell would be fun too. Maybe sometime you can take him out so he can do it.

The picture of Allison is so sweet, dad printed it out for me so i can put it on my desk at work. Love you all mom

The Earnhardt Family said...

Oh my goodness, that is just awful :-( I was just thinking about that the other day actually, thinking I need to have that conversation with Jacob, but that I HATE that I even need to have that conversation! What a scary world out there... :-(

The Earnhardt Family said...

I am thanking God that Collin and the other child are safe. A good reminder that those conversations are not fun but so necessary.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Whooaah. That is so very scary. Good reminder to have the "talk" yet again with my kiddos.