Monday, September 15, 2008

A More Refined Taste

So we went out for dinner last week and ended up entertaining our waitress. As we are ordering, Brian (now keep in mind that he is 4) says he would like a corndog. Normal enough, right? The waitress asks if he would like french fries with that and he says, "no" "How about jo jos," she asks. "No," he responds. "Can I have a salad?" "Sure, what kind of dressing would you like?" "Do you have the spray?" I then have to translate for her and ask if they have raspberry vinaigrette. Unfortunately they did not and he had to settle on ranch. Then I order mine and ask for grilled onions. To which Brian pipes up, "can I have some grilled onions too, please?" By this time the waitress is trying hard to keep her composure. She said that she has never had any child ask for any of those things before! Steve and I had a good laugh over this, but we also have to remember that this is coming from the boy who once said, very excitedly, "Mom, thanks for putting wensleydale cheese in my lunch!"

And yes, he enjoyed the salad (once we scraped off most of the ranch dressing) and the grilled onions!

1 comment:

The Finnestad Family said...

Wensleydale cheese? I don't even know what that is. Please have Brian come teach me sometime :) I'm sure that waitress had a ball telling everyone about his "refined tastes" back in the kitchen as they prepared your food!