Thursday, September 25, 2008

I just wanted to be under the bell when it rang!

Sometimes Collin just makes me laugh. Unfortunately the school doesn't have the sense of humor that I have. Yesterday when I picked up Collin from school he was in a great mood. He didn't even fight with Brian. You'd be amazed at how much they can annoy each other in 3/4 of a mile. So when he was so happy yesterday I said he must have had a great day. He said he sure did. "It was a GREAT day!" He came home and got right started on his homework, we worked on his AWANA sections, he was very giving with his brother. He was perfect.





So imagine my surprise when I get a phone call later that evening from the music teacher at school. She tells me that when his class was going from their room to the music room Collin disappeared. She said there was about 15 minutes when they didn't know where he was. Then they found him outside in front of the school, which as you can imagine is a safety issue. She said that he was standing under the bell and when asked why he was there said, "I just wanted to be under the bell when it rang." You see, he goes to music at the end of the day, so he knew that the bell would be ringing soon. Now at this point I am trying not to laugh. He wasn't being bad in his mind. He wasn't trying to sneak out of class because he didn't want to be there, in fact he loves music. He wasn't trying to be disobedient. In fact we was perfectly happy even when he had to go in with his class and was given the "being outside by yourself is not safe" speech. The music teacher even said that for the last 15 minutes of class he was perfect. But, and here is the big part, today he was going to have to go talk to the principal about this and would have privileges taken away. I had to tell Collin that when I got off the phone to prepare him, and he was fine with it. I couldn't help but laugh to myself at how innocent it was for him. I just hope that the principal can have a sense of humor about it as well. Afterall, it would be fun to be under the bell when it rang, wouldn't it?

1 comment:

The Finnestad Family said...

That is so funny! I can completely understand his thought process...as well as the thought process of his music teacher! To bad there's not a bell in his music room.