Monday, September 15, 2008

A Feeling Of Belonging

Yesterday as we left church Steve and I both felt that we finally belong. When we lived in Kent, we had that sense of belonging. We had our circle of friends, we had our ministries in church, people knew us, we were growing spiritually. It was a great place to be. It is a place where I know that if God ever decided to send us back we would be welcomed with open arms.

When we moved up here 2 years ago, we had to leave all that behind. It has taken us awhile to find our place up here. Although we have been able to make friends up here, and I am so thankful for my girlfriends here, we had a hard time finding a church. Without that weekly (or more) fellowship, I have found that you just can't fit in. Until I have that I will not belong up here.

We have now found a church where we are all happy. Even the kids, and that is so important. We are in a life group, our kids are in AWANA, and yesterday it felt official. We were no longer going to someone else's church building. We were fellowshipping with fellow believers. People who recognize us and talk to us. It is a place where we belong.

4 comments:

The Earnhardt Family said...

I am so glad that God is answering your prayers and your heart's desire. I know he is preparing you both for a service way up there!! I rejoice with you as I know how very hard it is to start over.

Wagner's said...

If and until He brings you back here, I'm incredibly happy to hear that you've gotten that feeling of finally being part of something!

aaron♥michelle said...

I'm so glad to hear! I know it's been a long road... Praise the Lord for His faithfulness, no matter where we are. :)

Cindy Kay said...

Im excited to hear you feel like you belong. I can relate to what you said about the more you participate in ministries the more like family you begin to feel. Im happy you found AWANA too :)