Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Frist Day of School

I guess since I just started blogging I should go ahead and blog about Collin's first day of school last week. Steve stayed home so that he could come with us to take him to school. It was a very exciting morning and the boys were ready to go with an hour to go. So we spent the morning playing uno attack! Once we finally left, the boys were more than ready. Collin seemed like such a grown up when we went into his class. He was very excited to see that he knew almost everyone in his class. There were quite a few friends from his class last year, and even a few that he remembered from his kindergarten class. The only bummer was his best friend is in a different class this year. It doesn't seem to be bothering him too much since he gets to see him at recess and lunch. After school it was hard to get much info out of him. The only thing he told me was how his teacher makes everyone put their heads down after all recesses. He does not like that! He mentioned it several times and still talks about it. Other than that he says school is boring. Big surprise. So far things are going well. He seems to have adjusted to being back in school quite well, which makes me happy! Here it is a week later, and so far things are great. I am hoping to get to help out in the classroom on Wednesdays this year and have already been able to talk to his teacher about that. Collin is very excited that I will be in the classroom this year. The last 2 years I was only able to help out for the class parties. I must admit I am looking forward to it too. So that is the first day/week of school update!

2 comments:

The Earnhardt Family said...

That is great that the school year has now started for both boys. Now you can get to business playing with Allison!

aaron♥michelle said...

Welcome to the blog world! :) Love your page! So glad the begining of school has gone so well for everyone! :)