Friday, November 14, 2008

Crazy hair night and excitement at the Williams' house


Wednesday was crazy hair night at Awana and we took it to the extreme. Collin has wanted a mohawk for months and we kept telling him no. But we thought that this was the perfect opportunity to get that out of his system. So Monday night Steve cut his hair. I had bought colored hair gel after halloween. Unfortunately all they had left was red. Sound familiar Stephanie? Red hair gel on red hair. It did look better than these pics show. Needless to say he had about the craziest hair that night. After AWANA I had a leader come up to me asking if this was a permanent thing or if it was coming off. I told her we were going to let him keep it until this weekend and then it was coming off. She was quite relieved. She is one of the leaders for the Christmas program and said that they had never had a wise man with a mohawk before! I thought that was pretty fun. Especially after she had so nicely asked me about his haircut. Here I thought she was just making small talk. Hee hee!




This is what happens when an 8 yr old gets ahold of the camera. Thank goodness for digital cameras. Think of all the wasted film of our younger years that our parents had developed only to see half a roll of upclose pictures of nothing!









Every afternoon when Steve gets home from work, Allison is so excited she cannot wait for him to even take off his riding gear. She kicks her little feet and whines until he picks her up. She is definitely a daddy's girl, much to Steve's delight! So the other day he still had his helmet on when he picked her up and she was quite fascinated with it. So he put it on her (holding it up of course so she wasn't supporting the weight cuz have you ever picked one of those up? They are HEAVY!) and she was thrilled to have it on. She thought it was just the funniest thing. Needless to say, so did we!

This is what I had to compete with yesterday morning when trying to get the kids ready for school. As you can imagine it was tough for the kids to want to leave the living room window to get dressed, eat breakfast and

brush their teeth when this big machine was in our front yard! What, you are wondering, is that doing there? Well, remember last week when we lost our power and had that fun adventure? This just so happens to be the solution. They dug a hole in our yard, surprisingly not all that big, and turned our power off. Then 15 minutes later problem solved. Our power was back on and we are good to go! Made for a fun morning for the kids. I even let
the boys eat breakfast in the living room so they had a front row seat!

4 comments:

The Earnhardt Family said...

WOW! What a full blog, tons of fun stuff in there!!! His hair is THE BEST! I bet he was in hog heaven! SO FUN!!!!! :-D And she looks soooo super cute in that helmet, SO MUCH!

That's exactly what our pictures look like when Jacob's done. He took pictures of my dad's birthday party, and there were pictures of various napkins (one by one of course), each decoration, the cake whole, part way gone, more gone, gone, each piece...yeah...you get the jist :-D

That would be QUITE exciting to watch that power digger thingy! If they're like our kids, they get excited just to see the darn garbage truck come...week after week after week...but something like THAT?!? Well that would be an act of GOD! :-D FUN!!!

The Finnestad Family said...

I don't even know where to begin with the comments! Your house is so fun!! I cannot wait for my kids to get home and see that picture of Collin's hair. Oh my goodness!!!

Awesome blog Erin!

aaron♥michelle said...

HAHAHA I was laughing out loud when I read about Collin's hair and your friend's comment!! :) That is so funny!!!

I love all the pictures, too. lol I STILL have pictures, believe it or not, of blackness and dolls I took as a kid!! WHY??? you ask?? I have NO idea, but they're here in a box. I agree - digital cameras are amazing. :)

Katharine said...

Aw, you guys are such FUN parents! Now, if you REALLY love your kids, you'll let the boys cut your hair while Allison takes pictures, and you'll rent a backhoe for a backyard birthday party! (Better get one for a whole weekend, 'cause the moms and dads will need to have their turns, too!)

Do you have my street address for that invitation?