Saturday, March 7, 2009

I have it out for my finger

It's true. For some reason my ring finger on my right hand is not faring well. It's not that I am sabotoging my finger on purpose. Really, I'm not. But for some reason this finger this week is prone to cuts. Earlier this week I was doing the dishes. I had been working on them for all of about 10 seconds (maybe less) when I put my hand in the sink to rearrange the stack of dishes that I had piled in the sink when I felt the sharp pain of a knife slice along the side of my finger. I decided at that time the best thing would be to leave the dishes for later that day.

Now fast forward a few days to yesterday. The slice in my finger is still healing, but it is to the point where it really does not hinder me anytime I have to go anywhere near water. I am working feverishly on a sewing project that I am determined to finish before Allison wakes from her nap. Because of said feverish pace I am not really paying much attention to the pins that I have in the material. Before I realize what has happened, one of the pins sticks into the pad of my finger and rips about a half inch gash up my finger. That's right, rips it. No nice clean slice this time. Do you realize how difficult it is for a rip in your skin to close. Trust me, much harder than a nice clean slice. I do not recommend ripping your skin if at all possible. Of course it is the same finger that is still working so hard to heal.

Today it is still sore, but I'm hoping that it will heal quickly. At least Steve is now home to do the dishes for me!

3 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

OWW!
Hope the sewing project went well and you didn't get any blood on the fabric... lol (priorities) :)
What were ya making??

The Williams Five said...

I was making a new highchair cover for Allison's highchair. I did not get any blood on the material, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway since it is vinyl. I was going with easy cleanup! Turned out good too. And the whole thing took me an hour total. I was very impressed.

The Finnestad Family said...

You appear to be your own worst enemy! Apparently, it is time for Steve to take over all of the dangerous household responsibilities like dishes, sewing, food preparation...I'm sure laundry could be deemed dangerous...the list goes on and on :)